The basic functionality of GlobalSight can be customized and extended as needed by the developers in your environment.
- For instructions on how to obtain the source code, see Getting the Code.
- For instructions on building the software from the source code and deploying it, see Building and Deploying GlobalSight.
For an architecture overview, see GlobalSight Architecture.
Enhancing the GlobalSight core
- For instructions on setting up the development environment, see the Setting up the Development Environment and the GlobalSight Developer’s Guide
- For instructions on fine-tuning the parsing and segmenting of content in a given application, see Designing the GlobalSight Adapters
For help stepping into GlobalSight with a debugger, see Debugging GlobalSight.
Integrating external systems to GlobalSight
You can use the GlobalSight Web services API to integrating external systems with GlobalSight, to submit content and monitor status. You can also use the Test Tool to check that it works as it should.
- For instructions on setting up the API and performing management tasks, see GlobalSight Web Services API
- For instructions on using the test tool, see Using the GlobalSight Web Services API Test Tool
You can configure GlobalSight to connect to a CVS repository, and create jobs using the Desktop Icon.
- For instructions on setting up and configuring CVS connector, see Using the GlobalSight CVS Connector
- For instructions on connecting to a CVS and creating jobs using the Desktop Icon, see Connecting to a CVS with the GlobalSight Desktop Icon
Understanding the GlobalSight database schema
- For documentation on the database tables, foreign keys and so on, see GlobalSight database schema
Useful SQL queries
- For a collection of useful database queries written the SQL language, please refer to Useful SQL database queries. These can be used to provide reports, for instance.